Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Barak Obama's alternate inauguration speech

My fellow citizens:

Thank you so much for coming out today, many of you waiting for hours in the freezing cold, to hear me deliver this, the forty-forth Presidential inauguration speech in American history.

Today is a very special day for many of you, especially those with African-American families. With you, I share in what has been a most historic of victories. With so many, including myself four years ago, not expecting me to even run for office, the fact that I stand here today ready to take on the most powerful job in the world must seem like a fairytale.

And indeed it is a story that will be told to children up and down this great land for generations to come. How one man stood up to all those who were ready to do everything in their power to prevent him from achieving his dream. It should, and will, inspire many to do the same in future.

My life is a shining example of why you should never stop working to achieve you dreams. Dreams are there to be realised one day, not to wonder what it might be like if they came true. Dreams can come true. Look at me, standing here in front of millions of people and billions watching on their televisions at home all over the world. Hello to everyone out there. We are here and we are ready to do business with you. AMERICA IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS!

Now, many of you may be asking, what do I have planned for the coming weeks, months and years. Well, let me tell you first off, everything is on the table. I will rule nothing out. The only thing I will insist on is that anything we do is affordable.

These words may not sound inspiring but they will make a difference to this country in the long run. Yes, my fellow Americans, the next few years will be painful, they will involve tremendous sacrifice. Jimmy may have to wait for his new train set and Sally will not be going to summer camp this year. And Bob, you will have to see about that new car you've had your eye on for months. It's all gotta be put aside for now. From now we will be prudent!

Can we prudent with the public finances? YES WE CAN!

When we start to learn about what it means to live within our means, then it will be possible to re-build this great nation upon the value which made it so great: innnovation, education and affordable healthcare!

I think you will come to understand that government finances are important, just as your own finances are important. If you want to borrow money to buy something, then from now on you will have to borrow directly from government-owned banks!

This is an exciting time for our country, the country we all hold dear. We will not be indebted to the Chinese for the rest of our lives and depend upon the Saudi's to ship us oil each day. Oh no, those days are numbered, and from today I will make it one of my (many) top priorities to see to it that we will not make the same mistakes that so many of my predecessors have made. BELIEVE IT OR NOT, IT WILL BE DIFFERENT THIS TIME!!

I bless you and bless America.

*************************************
Barak Obama's wordle:

No comments: